Saturday, October 5, 2013

Back to Kazakhstan!!

Comrades,

Alas, I am returning to Kazakhstan to conduct my Fulbright research, formally titled "Challenges to Entrepreneurship in the Informal Bazaar Economy." Basically, I channelled my love for bazaars and outdoor markets into a formal research project. I'll spend quite a bit of time in the bazaar using a methodology of participant observation (basically shadowing a trader) and will also conduct interviews.

I'll certainly update the blog on my experiences overseas. I will have to safeguard many research details, though, in order to protect the integrity of the research process and the identity of research subjects. With that said, something tells me there will be more than enough information available for me to blog about.

As a Fulbright grantee, I must reassert that all opinions and information expressed on this blog are mine and do not represent the U.S. Government or U.S. Department of State.

I'll be based in Almaty, but plan to travel throughout Kazakhstan and the region. If you're in the area -- send me an email!


No comments:

Post a Comment